The need to integrate the residents of Lagos State into e-government initiatives to enable the services provided by it to be fully utilized and also provide an accurate picture for government’s policy and planning was the brain behind the creation of LASRRA.
LASRRA bill was passed and signed into law on 27 June, 2011. The project was formally launched and Registration flagged off on the 19th September, 2013 by His Excellency, Mr Babatunde Fashola. The Agency is to capture the database of over 20 million Lagosians for the purpose of government’s planning and formulation of policies for the people.
It is an autonomous Agency, under the Ministry of Science & Technology.
In addition to the General Service Directorates/Units such as Admin & Human Resource, Accounts, Planning & Budget, Procurement, Audit and Public Affairs, there are other Technical Directorates:
- Information Management and Data Processing
- Registration Department. This department has three (3) units:
- Mobile team
- Staff Identity Card
- Card distribution
- To enable the Lagos State Government allocate resources to meet the needs of its residents.
- To aid in simplifying government’s service delivering and facilitate transactions, by linking existing data sources with a unique person identifier.
- To improve economic growth of Lagos State etc.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF REGISTRATION:
- Allows government determine the overall resources required to formulate and implement policies, projects and Programmes, when the number of people to cater for is known.
- Allows for proper allocation of resources to the appropriate sectors of the economy that meet the needs of the residents of the state.
- Identifies the number and placement of Hospitals, Schools, Libraries and Books needed in the state.
- Enables the state Government classify neighbourhoods within the state and determine population thresholds for certain facilities and utilities provided by the state.
- Helps analyse and identifies areas for urban regeneration and actions to be taken.
- Aids the service delivery strategy of Lagos State etc.
MISSION: To identify and register all residents of Lagos state for efficient planning and allocation of resources.
VISION: To establish an accurate, reliable and updateable database of all Lagos state residents.
- General Manager -Egnr. (Mrs.) Ibilola Kasunmu
- Deputy Dir. A&HR -Mrs Ramlat Seriki-Oriola
- IM&DP -Mr Jide Adenuga
- Deputy Dir. Public Affairs -Mrs Lawal, Basirat A.
- Head, Procurement Unit -Talabi, Olubukola Serifat
- Dir., Head of Registration -Mr Abari, Jamiu A.
- Head, Account Dept. – Mr Adeyemi, Wasiu O.
- Dir., Planning & Statistics -Mrs Bamidele, Tawakalitu A.
IMMEDIATE PAST GENERAL MANAGER
Mrs. Olukemi Adelusi (2017- 2019)
OTHER PAST GENERAL MANAGERS
- Miss Yinka Fashola (2011-2015)
- Olumide Lawal (2015)
- Mendes Christopher (2015-2016)
- Olukayode Ogunnubi (2016-2017)